Molly was the only person to die in the Bat-Cave!
The distance from the Bat-Cave to Gotham City is 14 miles.
The Bat-Mobile registration is 2F-3567.
Robin said “Holy” 357 times during the show!
There were 86 said sounds.
When playing The Joker, Cesar Romero refused to shave his moustache so he painted over it instead.
All the villains were paid $2,500; no more, no less!
There was 47 signs in the Bat-Cave!
Bruce Wayne was involved in 19 public organisations!
The executive producer William Dozier was also the narrator!
The Batcave cost $800,000 to build!
In 1968, when ABC cancelled Batman, NBC asked to run the show but the Bat-Cave had already been dismantled!
The Batmobile couldn’t travel faster than 45 mph!
In 1966 Batman was nominated for an Emmy in the category of “Outstanding Comedy Series” and also “Individual Achievements in Sound Editing”.
The episodes “The Devils Fingers” “The Dead Ringers” starring Liberace was the highest-rated of all the Batman shows!
The Puzzler episodes were intended for the Riddler but Frank Gorshin didn’t want to play the role anymore! These episodes were originally called “A Penny For Your Riddles” “They’re Worth A Lot More”.
Episode 68 “The Catwoman Goeth” was changed from “A Stitch In Time” to include the Catwoman.
Tallulah Bankhead gave her last performance on the show as the Black Widow she sadly died a little while after her performance on December 12th 1968.
Both Walter Slezak (Clock King) and George Sanders (First Mr Freeze) committed suicide!
Catwoman’s real name is Selina Kyle but this was never used in the series!
- Bruce’s Study
- The Batcave (on the desk)
- The Bat-Extension phone on the Bat-Diamond in the Batcave
- Commissioners Gordon’s Office
- The Batmobile
- Portable miniature batphone
- Londinium Batcave
- Ireland Yard (Londinium)
- In Portable Bat-Lab
- The Batcopter
Who’s visited the batcave?
Other than the dynamic duo and Alfred, their have been others who have entered the batcave.
- Molly disguised herself as Robin to enter the batcave in #2 “Smack In The Middle”.
- Commissioner Gordon witnesses Batman’s interrogation methods in “The Riddler’s False Notion”
- Pauline gets interrogated by Batman in “The Riddler’s False Notion”
- Penguin disguised as Commodore Schmidlapp enters the batcave in the 1966 Batman Movie
- Venus is allowed to visit the batcave for her good behaviour
- The Joker and Penguin hide in the boot of the batmobile with thugs to gain entry to the batcave in “The Penguin Declines”
- Catwoman persuades Batman to take her to the batcave in “Scat, Darn Catwoman”
- King Tut manage’s to mine through into the batcave in the “I’ll Be a Mummy’s Uncle” episode.
- After Batman, Robin and Batgirl got turned into a 2D cardboard cut-out. Alfred manages to save them with the 3D machine in the Batcave. Thus allowing Batgirl to witness the batcave in the episode “The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra”.